Calls for projects
Every year the SNCF Foundation grants funding to organizations promoting education, culture and solidarity. Want to get into the running? Respond to a call for projects.
The Foundation partners with non-profits for periods of a year or more, supporting projects in its focus areas at local and international level.
Put SNCF employees to work for your non-profit through the Foundation’s skills-sharing programme.
The SNCF Foundation supports projects that allow everyone to take their place in society and help all of us make a better life together—but there’s more. Its decisions are guided by three core principles.
Working together for a better life together
In the spirit of solidarity, our Foundation backs projects that promote gender balance and diversity within vulnerable and disadvantaged groups. If your idea benefits people from different cultures and walks of life, the Foundation can help you make it a reality.
At SNCF, we believe in meeting real needs in real communities—which is why our Foundation relies on a network of 14 regional representatives, who work with local funding recipients to help them succeed. Thanks to this regional network, the Foundation can identify local problems and offer practical solutions on the ground.
The SNCF Foundation promotes initiatives that bring different organizations together and focus their people, their energy and their resources on a common cause. That’s why it prioritizes projects involving at least three different non-profits—and sometimes even more.
To qualify for support from the SNCF Foundation, your project must:
- be led by a non-profit organization (as defined in France’s Non-Profit Organizations Act of 1901) or public service entity that is at least two years old
- concentrate on at least one of the Foundation’s three focus areas—education, culture and solidarity
- be free of any religious or political affiliation
- be the only project you have asked the Foundation to support within the current year
- be carried out in France (including overseas départements and territories
During the period 2016-20200, your organization may not receive more than two tranches of financial support from all Foundation programmes combined.
The SNCF Foundation does not provide funding for:
- operating expenses or cash flow
- travel with SNCF
- projects backed by any member of the selection panel