Calls for projects
Every year the SNCF Foundation grants funding to organizations promoting education, culture and solidarity. Want to get into the running? Respond to a call for projects.
The Foundation partners with non-profits for periods of a year or more, supporting projects in its focus areas at local and international level.
Put SNCF employees to work for your non-profit through the Foundation’s skills-sharing programme.
To qualify for support from the SNCF Foundation, your project must:
- be led by a non-profit organization (as defined in France’s Non-Profit Organizations Act of 1901) or public service entity that is at least two years old
- target at least one of the Foundation’s two focus areas
- be free of any religious or political affiliation
- be the only project the organization has asked the Foundation to support within the current year
- be located in France (including overseas départements and territories)
The SNCF Foundation does not provide funding for:
- operating expenses that are unrelated to the chosen project
- cash flow
- infrastructure or investment projects (unless they are environment-oriented)
- fundraising that is unrelated to the chosen project
- purchase of transport tickets
- projects backed by any member of the selection panel
The SNCF Foundation supports non-profit projects that work with young people to build a sustainable future. Our decisions are guided by three core principles.
Improving community and civic life in communities across France
In line with SNCF Group’s new purpose, the SNCF Foundation backs and promotes shared engagement in causes that align with the Group’s commitment to public utility. We choose projects on a region-by-region basis, supporting the work of non-profits, assisting young people most in need, and expanding employee participation in our skills-sharing programme.
We believe in meeting real needs in real communities. That’s why the Foundation relies on a network of 15 regional representatives who work with funding recipients to help them succeed. Thanks to this regional network, we can identify local problems and back projects that deliver tangible results on the ground.
The Foundation acts as a skills and resource platform for regions and SNCF Group companies, harnessing our knowledge of the non-profit and public interest community to give advice, evaluate projects, identify strong non-profit partners, and provide legal and tax support. As we continue our work in 2021-2025, our ability to innovate and co-create with these partners is more important than ever.