Our European network
When you work with us to meet your European transport needs, you get Fret SNCF’s know-how—and much more. You’ll also benefit from the expertise of our Captrain European network and other partners serving major industrial hubs, such as:
- The Ruhr
and leading ports, including
Because we round out our own French and European network with partnerships, we’re able to operate 12,000 trains a year. When you choose Fret SNCF, you’ll benefit from:
- the expertise of our French and European specialists
- connections to European corridors—two-thirds of our trains operate outside France
Innovative, competitive services
We’re always looking for ways to optimize our services. To meet your needs, we can design:
- longer trains, spanning up to 850 metres
- faster trains, running at 100-140 km/h
- innovative solutions, including use of the new UIC* line linking Spain to France
- new rail motorways
*International Union of Railways
New rail motorways
Since 2016, Fret SNCF has opened new rail motorways linking Calais to Spain and the Paris Region to the Port of Sète. New lines to Italy are planned for 2018.
Save time with our optimized resources
To guarantee fast, seamless transport of your shipments, we offer:
- specialist teams on the ground to support you through the last kilometre
- dedicated locomotives for container freight traffic
Eco-friendly, 100% electric traction
Every year, we load the equivalent of 500,000 trucks on our trains, saving 800,000 tonnes of CO2. As part of our broader commitment to corporate social responsibility, SNCF complies with ISO 26000, the international CSR standard.
Contact your Fret SNCF expert
Please note that we do not work with private customers or offer a removal/moving service. Some removal companies might ship your possessions by rail if you’re moving long distance. Speak to your provider for more information.