SNCF Group 2018 half-year results
A strong performance at the outset of 2018—continuing trends observed in 2017—was undermined by the rail strike that began in March. Against this backdrop, SNCF Group demonstrated its capacity to serve customers and generate productivity gains, offsetting part of the strike’s negative impact on its financial results.
- Strong performance in early 2018, with TGV traffic up 9.6% at the end of March.
- Revenue of €16.1bn was down 3.3%, but would have risen 4% without 37 strike days.
- The strike cut EBITDA by €790 million (over €21m per strike day), including €160 million in commercial measures taken by SNCF to compensate customers.
- Investments totalled €4bn for the first six months of 2018. Despite the strike, planned upgrades to the rail network continued largely on schedule.
- €330 million in productivity gains helped limit the strike’s negative impact on results.
- Net profit was down €762 million.
billion Euros revenue (1st semester 2018)
million Euros in productivity gains (1st semester 2018)
billion Euros in investments (1st semester 2018)
Documents to download
Depending on your needs, find all the financial publications of SNCF Group by year, by language and by document type.
The most recent publications
Communiqué de presse - Résultats semestriels groupe SNCF 2018
Published on 27 July 2018 at 16:19
Rapport financier - Résultats annuels 2017 du groupe SNCF
Published on 27 February 2018 at 16:33
Dossier de presse - Résultats annuels 2017 du groupe SNCF
Published on 27 February 2018 at 16:31