SNCF Group 2019 annual results
- Operating performance linked to continued investment in core programmes targeting safety (-21% fall in major safety events), robust rail service (annual on-time arrivals at a historic high of 89%) and passenger information (notice of delays up from 64% to 79%).
- Improved customer satisfaction: a historic 85.9% for TER regional rail (+4.2 pts) and 82% for TGV high-speed rail (+3 pts).
- Group revenue up 5.1%, driven by steady growth in passenger traffic at Voyageurs. Full-year revenue totalled €35.1bn in 2019.
- The multi-sector strike linked to French pension reforms that began in December saw SNCF go all out to limit consequences for its customers, and led to an operating loss of €614m at year-end 2019.
- Buoyant business combined with strict financial discipline generated €560m in gains in competitiveness that boosted EBITDA despite the strike, and limited its impact on results.
- Recurring net profit was a negative €301m (and would have reached a positive €313m without the strike).
- Investments reached a record high of €10bn (all funding sources combined). Of that total, 95% went into the French rail network, benefitting customers, regional development and suppliers.
- SNCF recruited 12,600 new employees in France in 2019, with one-third hired for jobs in rail operations. SNCF Group is one of the country’s largest employers.
Documents to download
Depending on your needs, find all the financial publications of SNCF Group by year, by language and by document type.
The most recent publications
Press conference - SNCF Group Annual Results 2019
Published on 28 February 2020 at 15:52