Our mission? Make the travel experience simpler. Deliver seamless, sustainable passenger and freight transport. And create the mobility of tomorrow.
To meet these challenges, SNCF group now has a new structure: a single parent company overseeing SNCF Réseau, SNCF Gares & Connexions, Fret SNCF, SNCF Voyageurs, Geodis and Keolis.
SNCF, Your Global Transport Partner
Published on 25 June 2020 at 12:09
Simplified SNCF organizational chart as of 1 January 2020
The infographic shows a simplified SNCF organizational chart as of 1 January 2020.
The first box at the top of the page contains “SNCF” the parent company.
Within the parent company, three units are listed. They provide services to the entire group:
- SNCF Immobilier
- Shared Services Centres
- Rail Security
Under the top block, a network of five lines links the parent directly to five companies:
- SNCF Réseau + Gares & Connexions
- Fret SNCF
- SNCF Voyageurs
SNCF, our parent company, provides top-level management and is home to the entities that provide services to the entire group:
- our Shared Services Centres, which support group operations by providing employee welfare, medical and payroll services, and more
- Rail Security (Suge), which protects passengers, property and personnel day in and day out, in stations and on trains throughout the French rail network
- SNCF Immobilier, which works with its S2FIT subsidiary to manage and optimize SNCF group’s portfolio of tertiary, social, industrial and rail properties (other than stations and transport infrastructure); its Espaces Ferroviaires urban development subsidiary to improve and monetize land and buildings that are not used by the rail system; and its ICF Habitat subsidiary to manage group properties, by operating housing complexes and acting as a “social landlord”
SNCF Réseau’s primary goals are to manage, maintain and develop the French rail network, giving priority to existing lines and to the Paris region in particular.
To fulfil these missions, the company is built around four core activities:
- providing access to France’s rail network infrastructure, including allocating capacity and setting infrastructure fees
- managing network traffic
- maintaining and renovating infrastructure
- expanding and developing the network, with a focus on overall efficiency and optimum value.
SNCF Gares & Connexions
SNCF Gares & Connexions combines a wide variety of skills to achieve a single goal: renovating and improving the 3,000 stations on the French rail network. Gares & Connexions has three goals:
- modernize stations and transform them into destinations of choice at the heart of the transport network
- make railway stations convenient, useful and welcoming
- manage 15,000 train departures and 10 million passengers every day in 3,000 stations across France
Fret SNCF (a société par actions simplifiée, or simplified public limited company, and a subsidiary of our parent company) is a leader in the French rail freight market. It is part of TFMM, a cluster of European rail & multimodal freight transport companies that is also owned by SNCF group. VFLI, VIIA, Naviland Cargo, Forwardis and Captrain are part of TFMM as well.
SNCF Voyageurs provides passengers with shared and door-to-door mobility solutions that meet their needs in terms of offer, cost, service quality and environmental protection. Its services include the on-line travel agent OUI.sncf, France’s leading e-commerce site. SNCF Voyageurs provides both commuter mobility and long-distance travel in France and Europe through:
- Voyages (long-distance travel with TGV INOUI, OUIGO, Intercités, Eurostar, Thalys, TGV Lyria, TGV INOUI & ICE France - Germany, TGV INOUI & AVE France - Espagne, TGV INOUI to Italy and Luxemburg)
- Transilien commuter rail
- TER regional rail
Geodis specializes in freight transport logistics in France and 120 countries worldwide.
Keolis is a private public transport operator with roots in France and Quebec. It operates bus, metro, light rail and coach networks, rental bikes, carparks, boat shuttles, cable cars, trolleybuses and airport services.