Scope, documents and contacts
We work with a variety of sources—from rail industry specialists to mass producers—to buy a wide range of supplies for:
- rolling stock
- administrative and IT supplies (sales tools, office technology and furniture)
- energy (electricity and diesel fuel to operate our trains)
Qualifying as an SNCF supplier
Our qualification process ensures that your company has the legal, financial, technical and organizational capacity to deliver a specific product or service.
How it works
The qualification procedure for supply contracts involves a series of steps:
- to ensure that your company is a good candidate for qualification, the manager of the relevant procurement unit conducts a preliminary interview at our Procurement Division headquarters in Lyon
- we assess your capabilities and competitiveness by asking you to submit a test quote as part of a call for tenders
- you assemble and submit a qualification application, complete with contract documents
- if the items you will supply require special technical oversight, SNCF representatives may assess your manufacturing site
We may supplement your company’s qualification with a certificate for specific items, particularly if they are safety-related. The timeline for receiving this supplemental certificate varies, but it includes one testing phase in the manufacturing plant and another under actual operating conditions to evaluate the product’s reliability in use.
Your share of costs for the qualification application and evaluation of manufacturing sites is €2,500, not including VAT. This amount is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of your application.