To create this innovative offer, our subsidiary Fret SNCF partnered with Traxens, a Marseille-based company with specialized expertise in smart containers and a proven track record in maritime shipping.
In return, Fret SNCF contributed its extensive insight into the European rail freight market, including customer needs and expectations.
Traxens: Grown-up start-up
Our partner Traxens is moving the logistics industry into the future by providing logistics companies with holistic solutions for tracking and coordinating multimodal transport.
Video : Train Fret Digital
With our Digital Freight Train offer, high-value-added services are standard. These include:
- using geolocation to track your shipments in real time, in Europe and Asia
- setting up geofencing to receive alerts when your shipments reach strategic, predefined locations in Europe, such as entrances and exits to loading/unloading sites
- monitoring mileage—a service that’s particularly in demand from wagon leasing companies, who use it to schedule maintenance
- recording movements (stops and parking)
- detecting unusual shocks
Thanks to its smart technology, our Digital Freight Train can also offer a number of customized services. These options include:
- using a “remote control” to monitor opening of side- and axial-discharge hopper wagons and control all automated services remotely.
- monitoring your wagons—loaded or empty—and cargo weight
- controlling temperature and frost
- tracking your train
- detecting “hot boxes” to prevent train wheelsets from overheating
- analysing data to anticipate deterioration of wheelsets and other key components
- optimizing preventive and predictive maintenance
Fully personalized offer
Tell us what you need, and we’ll install the sensors. Options include:
- monitoring transport conditions for certain sensitive cargo, such as pressure and humidity inside tank wagons
- identifying and reporting any shocks to wagons
Open, flexible system
The Digital Freight Train is an open, flexible system with many benefits:
- its core GPS technology is unaffected by distances and national borders
- our system is guaranteed to be compatible with hazardous material transport, except in areas covered by the EU’s ATEX directive on potentially explosive atmospheres
- our system is guaranteed to be compatible with any type of wagon or sensor
- the Traxens Hub platform is interoperable with IT systems used by rail operators
- installation is fast and easy
is all it takes to inspect your shipments
Want to know more? Contact your SNCF adviser or Bertrand Minary, Chief Innovation & Digital Officer at Fret SNCF.