A once-in-a-lifetime experience
Organizing a seminar, an event or an event-oriented journey? With an SNCF Special Train, your guests will enjoy a custom-tailored, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Designed for corporations, works councils and associations, our Special Train offer allows you to charter a group of coaches—even an entire train—tailored to your specific needs. Need advice? Our teams will guide you every step of the way.
How it works¹
You contact us from six months to seven days before your desired departure date to plan your journey.
We provide an estimate within a few days.
After you approve our estimate, you pay a 25% deposit.
We assign a team of experts to prepare your Special Train.
A dedicated team of SNCF employees tracks the movements of your Special Train, ready to respond to any need or emergency that may arise during your journey.
After your journey, we send you a customer satisfaction questionnaire to get your feedback and improve our Special Train service.
Video : L’offre train spécial
A world of possibilities
Recent charters for SNCF clients have included:
- three TGV trainsets carrying 2,000 employees of an international corporation to an annual conference in the historic spa town of Dax, in South-western France
- two TGV trainsets carrying 1,000 rugby fans to a tournament final in Paris
- a TGV trainset carrying 450 employees of an audit and consulting firm to Limoges for a sporting weekend in the heart of France
- a TGV trainset carrying 150 guests of a major media corporation to Bourg-Saint-Maurice for a weekend of skiing in the French alps
- a TGV trainset carrying 500 employees of a major bank to the seaside resort of Deauville as part of an incentive travel programme
- a classic trainset carrying a rugby team back to Clermont-Ferrand, in central France, after their tournament final
Get more information
1 When you request a Special Train, we conduct a feasibility study in advance to earmark trains, SNCF personnel and timeslots for your event. Special Trains can only be chartered when the necessary resources are available. These offers are subject to special conditions of carriage, available from your SNCF sales office.