1 card, 3 customer profiles
Life just got easier. We’ve replaced our previous Avantage cards with a new one, still priced at €491.
The new Avantage card is tailored to 3 different profiles:
- Jeune: ages 12-27
- Adulte: ages 27-59
- Senior: age 60 and over
I’ve already got an Avantage card. What happens now?
- If you have an Avantage Week-end card, it will automatically become an Avantage Adulte 27-59 card.
- If you have an Avantage Famille card, it will remain valid until its expiry date—but you can also convert it into an Avantage Adulte 27-59 card right away. You pay just €1, and your new card is valid for a year.
And if you have an Avantage Jeune or Avantage Senior card, you’ll enjoy the same great discounts, plus some new benefits.
Save with our new fare caps—even at the last minute
With the next-generation Avantage card, your 2nd class fares are capped2 for any destination in France, no matter when you book.
You’re guaranteed to get affordable fares, even at the last minute:
- €39 or less for a short journey (under 1h30)
- €59 or less for a medium-length journey (1h30-3h)
- €79 or less for a longer journey (over 3h)
Meanwhile, you’ll still get the same great Avantage discounts—30%3 off 1st and 2nd class fares in France and beyond, and 60% off fares for up to 3 accompanying children, ages 4 to 11.
And we’ve added new benefits: now your Avantage card gives you the same discounts on one-way journeys if you travel at the weekend or with a child—no need to buy a return ticket.
Changed your mind? Exchanges and refunds are free until 3 days before departure
For even more flexibility, exchanges and refunds for Loisir tickets (1st and 2nd class, Prem’s and Avantage) are now free up to 3 days before departure when you travel with TGV INOUI and Intercités.
This new exchange/refund policy4 took effect on 17 June, so you can use it right away—even if you bought your tickets before that date.
Great new offer for teleworkers
Working from home more since the pandemic began? We’ve got a new offer especially for you: Mon Forfait Annuel Télétravail.
This affordably-priced pass is valid Monday through Friday, and it covers 250 journeys a year—perfect if you work remotely 2-3 days a week.
Need more than 250 journeys a year? Choose our original Mon Forfait Annuel pass.
1Price of the Avantage card: €49 (including tax). Price valid at 17/06/2020, excluding special offers. Validity: one year, starting from the first day of the card’s validity period, as specified by the customer at purchase.
2 This offer applies exclusively to the Avantage cardholder and one travel companion over the age of 12.
Benefits include guaranteed price caps for three types of journey, based on duration of travel:
- €39 (including tax) guaranteed maximum fare for a journey of less than 1h30
- €59 (including tax) guaranteed maximum fare for a journey of less than 3h
- €79 (including tax) guaranteed maximum fare for a 2nd class journey of over 3h in France with no connections. Fares are guaranteed up to the time your train departs.
3 With your Avantage card, you can save 30% on tickets. Discount calculated based on the Prem’s 1st or 2nd class fare and the full 1st or 2nd class fare (Plein Tarif) for trains requiring booking (TGV INOUI and Intercités trains, except OUIGO), or on the standard fare (Tarif Normal) for 7-day tickets on Intercités trains not requiring booking. Discount calculation does not include additional paid services. Discounts apply in France. Use your Avantage card for travel in France and beyond. Offer available exclusively to Avantage cardholders.
Discount calculated based on: the 1st or 2nd class fare on day of purchase for TGV INOUI trains to Luxembourg and Freiburg im Breisgau, and TGV INOUI and ICE trains operated in partnership by DB and SNCF; the Seconda or Prima (2nd or 1st class) fare on day of purchase for TGV France-Italy; and Standard and Standard 1ère class for TGV Lyria. Discount calculation does not include additional paid services.
Your card entitles you to a 60% discount for accompanying children.
Offer exclusively for up to 3 accompanying children ages 4 to 11 inclusive, provided their tickets are purchased at the same time as the Avantage cardholder’s ticket. Discount calculated based on: the Prem’s 1st or 2nd class fare and the full 1st or 2nd class fare (Plein Tarif) for trains requiring booking (TGV INOUI and Intercités trains, except OUIGO); or on the standard fare (Tarif Normal) for 7-day tickets on Intercités trains not requiring booking. Discount calculation does not include additional paid services. Discounts apply in France. Your card also entitles you to a 15% discount on services, including Junior & Cie. Conditions apply. For more information, visit sncf.com.
Your card gives you access to last-minute “No Flex” offers
Last-minute offer available for travel aboard TGV trains, Intercités with required booking, and Intercités without required booking. Offer available exclusively to the Avantage cardholder and one accompanying adult, and up to 3 accompanying children ages 4 to 11 inclusive, provided they travel in the same class aboard the same train. To qualify for our No Flex offer, tickets for the cardholder and any travel companions must be purchased at the same time. The No Flex offer applies to select destinations in France and other European countries, on specific days and specific trains. Subject to availability of seats at the featured fare. This offer may not be combined with any other special deal or fare discount from SNCF or any of our European partners. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded.
4 Ticket exchanges and refunds for Loisir fares aboard TGV INOUI and Intercités trains requiring booking:
- Exchanges and refunds are free up to 3 days before departure.
- Starting 2 days before departure, you must pay a) an exchange/refund fee of €15 per person per journey for TGV INOUI or b) 40% of the fare for Intercités trains requiring booking, up to a maximum of €12.
- Starting 30 minutes before departure, exchanges are only allowed for the same journey on the same day, subject to the fees described above. If you exchange tickets during this period, the new ticket is no longer refundable. If your journey includes one or more connections, you will be charged only one fee. After your train departs, tickets are not exchangeable or refundable unless they have been released for booking before departure.