Customer relations centres
Please note that staffing for remote customer relations—via telephone, e-mail and social media—is reduced, and all centres are handling unusually high numbers of requests. We apologize for the delay. Please do not contact these services to find out whether your train will run. Rest assured that:
- if you have a ticket, you will be contacted by e-mail or SMS no later than the day before your journey, to confirm or cancel your train
- OUI.sncf and Assistant SNCF provide reliable information on trains operating through the following day. Both services are updated at 17.00
Closure of ticket booths and sales offices in our stations
All ticket booths and sales offices are closed until further notice. Please do not go to train stations unnecessarily to purchase, exchange or get a refund for tickets on TGV INOUI, OUIGO, Intercités, Lyria, Eurostar and Thalys.
Coronavirus: Exchanges and refunds
Amid uncertainty over the spread of coronavirus (Covid-19), we’ve adopted special fare policies to give you peace of mind when you travel with us.
To provide the best possible support to SNCF pass holders during this difficult period, we will not charge for passes during the month of April.
If you have a Mon Forfait Annuel (TGV) pass:
- For the month of April, your pass is free.
- If you paid cash, we will contact you by e-mail to explain how to get a refund after the stay-at-home order is lifted.
If you have a TGVmax pass:
- For the month of April, your TGVmax pass is free.
- The next charge to your account, scheduled between 20 March and 19 April 2020, will therefore be €0 instead of €79.
Free exchanges and refunds
Even if you don’t hold an SNCF pass, we want you to have peace of mind when you travel with us—which is why Voyages SNCF has had special fare policies in place since 9 March. Through 24 June, ticket exchanges and refunds for TGV INOUI, Intercités and connecting TER trains are free, no matter how you bought your ticket.1
Tickets are exchangeable and refundable at no charge:
- before departure. Make your request on line at OUI.sncf, at an authorized travel agent, in a station, at a self-service machine or by telephone for travel through 24 June. To protect yourself and others, please make your request on line, either through OUI.sncf or from a travel agent
Free ticket exchanges and refunds
- after departure. If you were unable to get an exchange or refund before your journey, please request a refund.2
Access ticket exchanges and refunds
1 Free exchanges and refunds are available through 24 June 2020 for all TGV INOUI and Intercités trains operating from 9 March 2020 through 24 June 2020, as well as any connecting trains, across all distribution channels. Exchange and refund fees are waived only before your train departs.
2 If your train has already departed, you must submit a refund request on line within 60 days. From the menu on the SNCF.com website, choose “SNCF at your service”, click on “Complaints”, and follow the instructions. Under “Motif de la demande”, choose “Je n’ai pas utilisé mon billet”.
Travelling with OUIGO?
OUIGO service has been discontinued since 27 March. Refunds will be issued automatically for all affected journeys through 3 May. The card you used to purchase your ticket will be credited, and you will receive a confirmation e-mail within 48 hours.
- Due to high demand and slower operations, it may take longer than usual to process your request. If you are unable to get an exchange or refund on line before your journey, don’t worry. Rest assured that all unused tickets will be refunded at the end of the confinement period, even if your train has already left.
- Grand Voyageur lounges and on-board dining will be unavailable until further notice. Please take the necessary precautions before your journey.
We regret to announce that as of Wednesday, 18 March, we are no longer able to offer booking and in-station assistance to people with disabilities and limited mobility, due to the Covid-19 crisis and the protective measures required by the French authorities. It would be impossible for our employees to provide this service in compliance with the new measures, in particular the requirement for social distancing. Please accept our apologies, and rest assured that we will restore these services as soon as France’s Stage 3 restrictions are lifted.
Working closely with health authorities
Since the emergence of the new coronavirus (Covid-19), we have worked closely with health authorities, and they have issued guidelines aimed at limiting its spread.
We urge all passengers to comply with these guidelines.
Protect yourself and your loved ones from coronavirus by taking these simple steps
- Wash your hands regularly
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue
- Use disposable tissues and throw them away
- Greet others from a distance. Do not shake hands, hug or kiss
- Limit travel to the absolute minimum