Internet and smartphone
Choose your seat with Seatmap
Would you rather select your seat before you board? Enter Seatmap, developed by SNCF to allow you to quickly view and select your seat when you book on line.
Convenient and easy to use, Seatmap simplifies travel planning and makes your journey more comfortable.
Options include a single seat, a double seat with extra legroom, and a window seat to watch the scenery fly by.
In the station
Visit one of our ticket windows for advice on finding the best solution for you.
We also have self-service machines in over 460 French stations. Use them to:
- buy tickets with your credit card, even at the last minute. Just choose the “immediate departure” option
- collect tickets, discount cards or passes you purchased by phone or over the Internet, right before you board1
- exchange or cancel your tickets
- buy or renew your pass or discount card
At an SNCF sales office
Need information before you go? Or perhaps you just want to finalize your plans? We offer multiple points of sale, in cities and in French railway stations, and you’re always welcome—with or without an appointment2.
Your adviser will help you:
- buy your ticket at the best price for you
- buy a discount card or pass
- plan your journey
- combine your rail journey another service, such as Mes Bagages
- manage your bookings
Need to buy or book a ticket by phone? Here’s how:
- from inside France,call 3635 and say “Cartes” for service in French. From outside France, dial 00 33 1 84 94 3635
- for service in English, wait for the prompt, “For this service in English, press #85” and follow the instructions
- in either case, our service is free: you pay only the cost of your call
- to buy or book a Eurostar ticket, say “Eurostar”; for a Thalys ticket, say “Thalys”
- if you need to cancel a reservation or track a claim, call 0 898 898 36 35. Our service is free: from within France, you pay only the price of the call.
At an authorized travel agent
To make your travel planning easier, we also provide SNCF products and services through a network of over 800 authorized travel agents across France and in French overseas departments and territories.
Go paperless with our e-ticket
Save time. There’s no need to stamp your ticket—simply board your train.
Lost or forgotten ticket? No worries. It’s in our system.
Simplify your life: you can exchange or cancel your ticket with our app.
1 Simply follow the instructions and insert your bank card—the same card you used to pay on line. It’s an easy way to make sure you don't forget your ticket.
2 Save time with our appointment service, available in over 60 SNCF sales offices. It guarantees that you’ll get personal attention at the agreed time, with no waiting. Service subject to available appointment times.
3 Our service is free: you pay only the cost of your call. To learn more about using our 3635 hotline, simply say “guide” at any time. And the hotline is available in English: just dial the number and press 1 as soon as you’re connected. From outside France, call 00 33 8 92 35 35 35 (cost of an international call, plus any fees charged by your service provider). To track your order, call 09 70 60 99 60 from inside France. Available Monday through Saturday 08.00-20.00, Sundays 10.00-20.00 (except holidays). There is no surcharge.